If you visit one of the following endpionts, Coral will return the version you’re running and the hash for the latest commit.
/api/v1(works for 4.x.x versions)
/api/version(works for 5.x.x versions)
- Make sure you’ve adding the correct domains to your Permitted Domains
- Make sure you’ve correctly added the embed via your CMS to your article pages
- Check the console for any errors and you can file a bug via support if you can’t resolve the issue
- If this seems to be isolated to one commenter, it could be related to 3rd party cookies
- Post 4.x Talk doesn’t require 3rd party cookies to be enabled. Check the version of Talk you’re using and you might consider upgrading.
- A quick fix in the meantime is to ask them to allow 3rd party cookies
- You could also try asking them to clear their browser cache
This depends greatly on what version of Coral you are using and which authentication strategies you’ve enabled. Some things to check are:
- If using 4.x.x, review your
plugins.jsonand server logs to ensure your auth plugins are enabled and working correctly. Check our auth docs for more tips.
- If using SSO, ensure that your JWT token settings, especially expiry, is being set correctly. You can troubleshoot JWT related issues with the JWT Debugger.
- See if you can isolate if it’s a particular group of users that are experiencing this issue, e.g. mods, admins, subscribers? Confirm they have the appropriate permissions to comment.
- Note if this is a new issue that happened after an upgrade - did you read the release notes and confirm that any required manual or automatic database migrations run?
- Confirm that users who are affected have the correct
username.status. If users have status
UNSET, this is related to a bug with upgrading from 3.x to 4.x that has affected some organizations. Read more here about upgrading from 3.x to 4.x.
- If you’re still experiencing issues, log a support ticket so we can help diagnose the issue
If a user has been locked out due to too many failed login attempts:
- How long does the user have to wait before they will be allowed to login? 10 mins