- Where do you plan to host Talk?
- Do you have a domain name for Talk?
- Recommended: You should host Talk on a subdomain on your main site (e.g. if your site is mysitefornews.org, you should serve Talk from a subdomain like talk.mysitefornews.org) to avoid issues with third-party cookie sharing.
- Do you have a MongoDB instance?
- Do you need to migrate comments from a legacy system? We currently support Disqus, Livefyre, and Civil Comments.
- Use the Talk Import framework
[ ] Do you want to provide single sign-on (SSO) by integrating with an external auth system?
[ ] Do you want to integrate Talk with your CMS to automate embedding Talk Comment Stream into your site?
- See CMS Integration
[ ] Do you want to use Social sign-on?
- Do you want to use our Toxic Comments Plugin to help you automatically moderate comments based on their likelihood of being toxic?
- Do you want to automatically prevent spam using the Akismet Spam Detection Plugin?
- Do you want to setup Email Notifications?
- See Notifications
- Do you want to setup rich text (bold, italics, quotes)?
- Install talk-plugin-rich-text
- Do you want to display comment counts on your embed stream or on a homepage with dozens of articles?
- Do you want to translate Talk to a different language?
- Do you want to send all new comments or all reported comments to a Slack channel?
- Has your community team configured Talk to match your community strategy?